Serving size 1 biscuit, 1/3 cup of Gravy. Calories 559, Total Fat 48.5g, Carbs 14.2g, Net Carbs 8.2g, Fiber 6g, Protein 14.6g. Prep time 20 mins, cook time 30 mins, total time 50 mins.
Ingredients for Sausage Gravy:
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Biscuits:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, Melted
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
To Make Biscuits
- Pre-heat oven 375F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine coconut and almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Slowly incorporate the cheddar cheese.
- Inthe center of the dry ingredients, create a well for adding the wet ingredients.
- Into this well, add melted butter, eggs, and sour cream. Fold together until a dough forms.
- Use a spoon to drop biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet, placing them 1 inch apart.
- Bake the biscuits for 20 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned.
To make the sausage gravy
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the ground sausage, breaking it up and browning it on all sides.
- Once the sausage browns, add minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Once the garlic is fragrant, sprinkle in the almond flour. Reduce the heat to a medium-low. Allow the almond flour to incorporate with the grease to develop a light roux. stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the almond milk to the roux, stirring constantly.
- Add the heavy cream. Increase the temperature to medium-high, stirring and reducing the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to Medium-low. Add the salt and pepper, stir for 1 minute.
- Check the biscuits and remover the baking sheet from the oven when ready, cool for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat again under the Sausage gravy to low. Simmer while the biscuits cool.
- Once the biscuits are cool, plate 1 biscuit per person and top with 1/3 cup of gravy.
I enjoyed this with a side of eggs and fruit.