Serves: 1 Ingredients:
•1 whole egg
•3 – 5 egg whites (women, men)
•1 Tbsp. organic skim milk
•¼ tsp. ground black pepper
•¼ green bell pepper, diced
•¼ red bell pepper, diced
•1 slice onion, chopped
•¼ cup Canadian bacon, diced
•2 Tbsp. reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
•1 slice Ezekiel bread, toasted
1. Lightly coat a small nonstick skillet with organic olive oil cooking spray.
2. Place over medium-low heat.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, egg whites, milk and pepper.
4. Pour egg mixture into skillet, cover and cook about 4 minutes until eggs are set but still moist.
5. Spoon bell peppers, onion and Canadian bacon onto half of the omelet.
6. Fold omelet over filling and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Cover and cook until filling is heated through and cheese starts to melt, about 2 minutes.
8. Place omelet on a warmed plate with toast.