Servings 4, Calories: 420, Total Fat: 21.4g, Carbs: 3.3g, Net Carbs: 3.3g, Fiber: 0g, Protein: 48.3g, Prep Time: 15 Minutes, Cook Time: 20 Minutes, Total Time: 35 Minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 2 fresh thyme springs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Season the Drumsticks with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the drumsticks, skin-side down. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, until browned. Turn drumsticks on their sides. Cook for 2 more minutes. Turn the drumsticks again to the remaining uncooked side. Cook for 3 to 4 more minutes. With a meat thermometer, check the internal temperature. The chicken needs to reach 165F before it is removed from the skillet.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a serving dish, Keep warm.
- To any butter remaining in the skillet, add the shallots and thyme. Cook for 1 minute, until the shallots are tender.
- Add the vinegar, white wine, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the chicken broth. Return to boil.
- Add the tomato Paste. Stir to combine. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Once reduced, add heavy cream. Bring to a boil again.
- Whisk in the mustard. You will have about 1 cup of sauce.
- Pour the sauce over drumsticks. Allow the drumsticks to rest for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley, and serve.