Calories: 254, Total Fat: 21.5g, Carbs: 7.8g, Net Carbs: 4.2g, Fiber: 3.6g, Protein: 9.8g, Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time 15 Minutes, Total Time: 25 Minutes. Serving size 6 Poppers.
- 6 jalapeno Peppers
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 F
- Wash the jalapenos and cut off the tops. Using a small knife, cut the Jalapenos top to bottom without cutting through to the other side. Gently open the peppers and remove the seeds and veins. Set the peppers aside.
- In a small bowl, add the minced garlic, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Stuff the jalapenos with the Monterey Jack cheese so they are full but will still close.
- With a small spoon or knife, spread an equal amount of cream cheese inside each pepper, over the cheese. Close the peppers.
- Wrap the peppers with a slice of bacon and place on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Drizzle the peppers with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.
*Make sure you wear protective gloves when handling the peppers and do not touch your face.