Calories 94 Total Fat 4.4g Cholesterol 0g Sodium 264.8mg Total Carbohydrate 11.7g Sugars 4.1g Protein 3.6g Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: Aprox 20 tots
1 large sweet potato, peeled
2 medium zucchini
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 -1 teaspoon Cajun spice mix (I used McCormick) (can also sub Lawry's seasoned salt), plus more to taste
1/4 - 1/3 cup almond meal/flour, plus more as needed
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the whole sweet potato and cook for about 20-25 minutes, until you can pierce it easily with a fork. Drain and use the fork to mash the sweet potato while still warm.
3. Grate the zucchini directly into the same pot as the mashed sweet potato. Add salt, black pepper, and Cajun seasoning, until combined.
4. Add almond meal, 1/4 cup at a time, using your hands to press until you can easily form a firm cylinder tot shape without it falling apart. Add more almond meal as needed, 1 teaspoon at a time.
5. Form the mixture into small cylinders with your fingers, making them about an inch and a half long. Set them on a lined baking sheet in rows so that they are not touching each other.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Then, flip them over. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes. Turn oven to broil for about 1-2 minutes, watching carefully until the tots are lightly browned.
7. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy immediately.
By Kelly / Lifemadesweeter.com