Total Time: 10m Servings: 4 servings
INGREDIENTS FOR: Oopsie bread
· 3 eggs
· 4 oz. cream cheese
· 1 pinch salt
· ½ tablespoon ground psyllium husk powder
· ½ teaspoon baking powder
· 8 tablespoons mayonnaises
· 5 oz. bacon
· 2 oz. lettuce
· 1 tomato, thinly sliced
· fresh basil
INSTRUCTIONS: Oopsie bread
- Preheat oven to 300° F (150° C).
- Separate the eggs; put the egg whites in one bowl and the yolks in another.
- Whip egg whites together with salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. To make the oopsie more bread-like, add in the optional psyllium seed husk and baking powder.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture— try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Put 8 oopsies on a paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 300° F (150° C) for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.
Building the BLT
- First, fry the bacon.
- Place the oopsie bread pieces top-side down.
- Spread 1–2 tablespoon of homemade mayonnaise on each.
- Place lettuce, tomato, some finely chopped fresh basil and fried bacon in layers between the bread halves.
From Diet Doctor