6 Servings Calories per serving 466, Total Fat 40.8g, Carbs 6g, Net Carbs 3.8g, Fiber 2.2g, Protein 19.2g.
Ingredients for the Coconut Shrimp
- Oil For Frying
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked Coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
For the Aioli
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce, such as Huy Fong Foods Brand
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
To make The coconut shrimp
- In a large pot, heat 2 inches of oil to 350f for deep-frying.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix together the shredded coconut, flaked coconut, coconut milk, mayonnaise, egg yolks, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Using 1 to 2 tablespoons of batter, carefully form it around each shrimp, leaving the tail exposed
- Immediately drop the battered shrimp into the preheated oil. Repeat with 2 to 3 shrimp. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the shrimp from oil. Set aside to cool on a paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat the process with remaining shrimp.
To make the aioli
- in a small bowl, thoroughly combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, lime juice, and red pepper flakes
- Serve Immediately with the Coconut Shrimp.
* Using an air fryer to cook your shrimp can save you 100 calories per serving!